I get it, we all want to get the heck out of dodge this time of year. And if you don't, you may want to check your mental well-being. February and March have to be the two months out of the year that nearly every human fantasizes about palm trees, beaches, beer and all other things vacation destinations. Fortunately, we have our trip booked [St Marteen here we come!] and are preparing to soak up some Vitamin D while sippin' on Pina Coladas all day long. Because I've been in full vacation outfit mode as we get ready to depart, I thought it'd be fun to share some warm-weather outfit inspiration for next vaca! I've rounded up my must-have items to take and am laying them all out for you here!
ps. You'll notice that nearly everything came from Nordstrom due to their dedicated "Vacation Destination" section which is full of outfit pieces for your next getaway. I am all about easy baby and they made it incredibly easy! Mad props Nordstrom, mad props.
1. First up - a great pair of white jeans, a duster cardigan for cooler evenings and an incredibly comfortable pair of wedges!
3. You can't forget about the perfect pair of jean shorts when going somewhere warm and fortunately, I think I may have found them! It's hard as we get older to find shorts that are age appropriate and still flattering, but once you do it's like striking gold. Not that I've ever actually struck gold but I can imagine it's a joyous occasion.
tee [true to size] // shorts [size down if in between] // same style, different wash here
4. A simple tee with a twist, cut off jeans and comfy slip-on tennis shoes! Perfect for travel days or navigating around town during the day or night!
5. A great denim jacket and an even greater printed maxi dress! This jacket is so soft and comfortable and can be paired with virtually almost anything! I always bring a denim jacket on vacation because you never know when it's going to cool off and you may need it! Also, this dress just screams vacatioon so there you have it, scream away friends!
wedges wearing under dress [these are incredibly lightweight and comfortable!]
6. A comfortable outfit for travel or lounging around your room! If you are anything like me you pack all of the cutest outfits and then end up living in leggings 99.9% of the time! This outfit is also perfect for traveling to or from wherever you may be going. Added bonus? These shoes are actually slip-ons making them perfect for airport security!
sweatshirt [true to size, wearing in XS // leggings [true to size, wearing in XS] // shoes [true to size]
7. Last but not least, a classic black maxi dress. I love this baby for getting a little done up without much fuss!
For your pinning pleasure..
disclosure: thank you to Nordstrom for partnering for today's post. While I am being compensated for the content, all product was chosen, purchased, worn and loved by yours truly!