One of these days I will shut up about how excited I am for fall to arrive, but until that time arrives I'm just going to keep shoving it down both your throat and mine. I really can't wait for the most wonderful season [especially for fashion] to be here and may be prematurely wearing a few fall pieces already this summer. When planning for this month's fix, I requested to my stylist that she fill my box with perfect for fall pieces - I wanted sweaters, earth tones and of course - some unique pieces with a little edge to them. Because she knows how to read my notes really [really] well, she delivered on all aspects. While it wasn't a total keeper [which my bank account was super excited about] there were several pieces that were top contenders and it was a tough call on what didn't make the cut. Let's jump in and see what was inside the box. But before we begin here are a few words about Stitch Fix and how it all works for you virgins out there [it's okay, I won't tell anybody].
1. You start by filling out your style profile - you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, preferences, colors, etc. You can also write notes about likes/dislikes. Make sure to link your fashion board on Pinterest so your stylist can see what you like!
2. Order your first fix! Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. Because of this I always recommend keeping at least one item or you are essentially giving away $20 for nothing in return. You will receive 5 items [made up of clothing, jewelry, and handbags, whatever you prefer]. I personally only want clothing in my fix so I just always let my stylist know!
3. Decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back [in a postage paid envelope]! You have 3 business days to do so - use this time to try everything on, see what you have in your closet that pairs well with it and don't be afraid to say yes to something that you wouldn't normally. That's what makes Stitch Fix so fun! If you keep all 5 items you will receive 25% off your entire fix, winning!
It should be noted that while I have chosen to receive monthly fixes, this is in no way a subscription service and you are able to decide when you want another fix, whether that be in 6 months or 2 years from your first fix! As always, if you ever have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Okay now seriously, here we go! Remember - If you see anything that you like below, feel free to pin away and/or ask your stylist in the notes section of your next fix for something similar! I am the queen of copying other fixes!
1. Pixley Cegri Grommet Detail Blouse - Small - $54 - Returned
So here's the thing with this top - I love the color, olive is my jam. The black areas with the grommets did give it some fun edge, however the main reason I sent it back is because I have a TON of sleeveless tops and hardly ever wear them so it seems. Now, would this be great under a jacket for fall? Yes. So why didn't I keep it now that I think about that? Well crap, I don't know. Oops.
2. RD Style Donny Cowl Neck Pullover - Small - $68 - Kept
jeans [true to size] // booties [beyond comfortable!]
If I was ever born in the form of a sweater, a cowl neck it would be. I am obsessed with cowl necks as they are so comfy/cozy. While all of the holes in the sweater may not be the most logical of choices for really cold months, I will wear it all fall long with a simple cami underneath. The color is super versatile - paired with grey, tan, black - it all works. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay for sweater weather.
3. Pixley Shabri Peplum Knit Top - Small - $54 - Returned
I think the photos make this top look a little better on me than it looked in person - the thing with peplum tops is that for those of you who are larger chested [raising hand] these have a tendency to make the ladies look even bigger. While I appreciate the pattern with the faux leather details and cut outs, I don't know how much use I would actually get out of it - especially when feeling somewhat like I am wearing a straight jacket with how confined I felt in it. Sorry little pep, back you go.
4. Lila Ryan Liza Colored Skinny Jean - 2 - $98 - Kept
Well kids, I never realized how badly I needed a pair of brown skinny jeans but I quickly realized after spotting [and trying on] these babies. For starters, the overall fit and feel to these jeans is incredible, I want them in all shades. But the brown especially is so perfect for fall.
5. Moon & Sky - Krystine Lace Back Cardigan - Small - $64 - Returned
Okay so this cardigan is really cute - the lace back is pretty stinkin' adorable, however I have been knee deep in buying cardigans of my own and while I do like this one, the color doesn't do a whole lot for me. Maybe it's the color of the tee that I paired with it but it looks a little drab on me. Maybe pair it with a punchier color for a little more pizzazz.
And there we have it folks, 5 stellar items - 2 in my closet, 3 back on their way home to Stitch Fix. Which is your favorite?