Do you ever feel like you suck at life? Or at least the work part of life. The going out to eat, walking through the aisles of Target, shopping online, sipping wine part of life however, nailed it. I feel like this week has been a whirlwind of things without accomplishing much. I take that back. I totally bought a cart for our kitchen so I don't know what this nonsense talk is about not accomplishing anything. In effort to keep the good streak going I figured a blog post was in store. Fortunately for me, my 52nd fix arrived at my doorstep last week just screaming "TRY ME ON! TAKE PICTURES! PUT THEM ON YOUR BLOG! GIVE THE PEOPLE SOMETHING TO SEE!" [it was a bossy little box] and so here we are. A brand new fix to reveal - if you happened to catch my Facebook Live video of the unboxing of this particular fix, the items may look familiar to you. However, on the video I was smart enough to hold up a few of the items backwards [except really I thought they were front facing - again, I'm smart] so some of them you may be seeing them with virgin eyes.
1. You start by filling out your style profile - you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, preferences, colors, etc. You can also write notes about likes/dislikes. Make sure to link your fashion board on Pinterest so your stylist can see what you like!
2. Order your first fix! Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. Because of this I always recommend keeping at least one item or you are essentially giving away $20 for nothing in return. You will receive 5 items [made up of clothing, jewelry, and handbags, whatever you prefer]. I personally only want clothing in my fix so I just always let my stylist know!
3. Decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back [in a postage paid envelope]! You have 3 business days to do so - use this time to try everything on, see what you have in your closet that pairs well with it and don't be afraid to say yes to something that you wouldn't normally. That's what makes Stitch Fix so fun! If you keep all 5 items you will receive 25% off your entire fix, winning!
It should be noted that while I have chosen to receive monthly fixes, this is in no way a subscription service and you are able to decide when you want another fix, whether that be in 6 months or 2 years from your first fix! As always, if you ever have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below. Okay, here we go!
1. Market & Spruce Gretal Sweater Dress - Small - $88 - Returned
over the knee boots - available in grey and wine as well! true to size
This always happens. I checkout online and then I take the pictures. I upload the pictures and I think "oh hey! that's cute! why did I return that?!" and well, that's kinda what happened here. I loved it when I pulled it out of the box because anything with a cowl neck is an automatic win in my heart. I also loved that it was longer meaning it would be great with leggings or tights for work in the winter. But then I put it on and I thought it felt a little big and seemed a little blah on me. Maybe I made the right decision on returning it, maybe I didn't. Regardless, bye bye sweater dress - mama will miss you.
2. Pistola Tory Distressed Ankle Zip Skinny Jean - 2 - $88 - Returned
shirt [wearing in small] // ankle booties [wearing in greystone suede, true to size, available in 3 colors, so comfy!]
I absolutely love the length of these as ankle jeans are my jam these days, however the wash and zipper detail are a tad bit too 80's for me right now. Give me 2 months and I'll catch on to the trend but us Indiana folk are a little slow moving when it comes to what's hip. I love the amount of distressing they have [not too much, not too little] and they were comfy but back they went.
3. Loveappella Shasa Shoulder Detail Knit Top - Small - $48 - Kept
When I pulled this out of the box I thought "okay cool, a plain shirt - sending back" and then I tried it on and I knew instantly I would never part with this ribbed shirt of softness. I love the plaid detail on the shoulders and edging [if that's what it's called, I have no clue]. It's the perfect top alone or used for layering [which you'll see below]. Add this to your want list, you won't regret it!
4. Loveappella Jemie Crochet Hem Knit Top - Small - $58 - Returned
cropped ankle jeans - true to size // lace up sandals - true to size, available in 9 colors, the best!
This sweater tricked me. I thought the front was the back and the back was the front and blah blah blah. For whatever reason however, it feels and looks a little grandma-ish to me. Albeit a cool grandma, but a grandma none the less. I don't know if it's the mauve color or doily looking lace but I decided to return it. I do think this could totally work on other people, it just doesn't scream me.
5. Tart Skyros Quilted Wool Vest - Small - $78 - Kept
Last but not least, the most fabulous vest in all of vest land in all of her glory. This baby is perfection. I love the color, the quilted detail, the gold zippers, the thickness [it's warm but not too warm] and well, I just really love it. This was an absolute no brainer for me from the moment I pulled it out of the box. Job well done Stitchy, job well done.
And that concludes my 52nd fix. Have you tried the service yet? Ooooooh wait, exciting news! Have we discussed that Stitch Fix is now available to men yet?!?! Well, surprise! It's available to men! There may or may not be a reveal of Shawn's fixes coming to a blog near you in October. He may not be thrilled but I sure am. I've always wanted to be married to a fashion blogger ;) Your man get start here. Or you can start there for him. We can let it be our little secret.