This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of CH Distillery for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Ahhhh, the tastes of summer have arrived and if there is anything that I love during the warmer months it's a refreshing cool cocktail in the palm of my hands. There's just something about coming home from work, filling up your cup with your favorite concoction and sitting outside on the patio unwinding from the day. While I am guilty of finding something that I like [hi rum and diet] and sticking with it, I have been trying to do a better job of breaking out of my cocktail shell and switch things up a bit because YOLO, ya know? I think of cocktails like I think of my wardrobe - as the weather changes, so should it. Nobody has time [or space in their swimsuits] for all of the heavy ingredients so when I saw this light and refreshing recipe I knew I wanted to try it.
Fortunately I recently discovered CH Distillery Spirits which is based out my favorite city, Chicago [564 W Randolph for those of you in the area], who happens to be known for their vodka and other premium liquors. When I saw their CH Key Gin I knew I wanted to get creative with it. Made with fresh key lime, lavender and white pepper and distilled from their CH Vodka it was an obvious go-to choice gin for creating this sparkling cucumber mint gin cocktail and boy, it did not disappoint.
Here's what you will need to make it...
1 oz lime juice
2 oz CH Key Gin
4 oz sparkling water
And here's how you make it..
1. Fill glass with ice. Pour lime juice, CH Key Gin, and sparkling water over ice. Helpful hint: when it comes to pouring, keep in mind that a regular size shot glass typically equates to 1.5 oz of liquid.
2. Add cucumbers, limes and mint.
3. Stir it up / make it look pretty
4. Sit back, relax and enjoy your drink. Cheers!
[photos shot by tina herschberger photography]
If gin isn't your thing, you could easily switch this out with some of CH Distillery's other options, all of which sound wonderful:
- CH Vodka: Clean, light sweetness, peppery finish and a smooth mouthful. Distilled from Illinois winter wheat and rye
- CH London Dry Gin: a balanced classic Martini Gin. Citrus peel, juniper, cardamom and pepper. Distilled from CH Vodka
- CH Peppercorn Vodka: Tellicherry peppercorns make this spirit daring in cocktails and perfect for Bloody Mary’s. Black pepper flavor, citrus accents, fiery hear.
- CH Bourbon: an adventurous bourbon. boozy and smooth. Bold, full bodied, hints of maple and brown sugar. Distilled for CH from Midwest corn and rye, aged in new American oak barrels.
I am so excited to have discovered CH Distillery liquor to drink but also as a new place to go check out when I am in the windy city. We are always on the hunt for fun local places to hang out and this place looks like just the ticket. Next time you are in Chicago make sure to stop by and check out CH Distillery Events, perhaps they'll have this drink waiting for you ;)
What's your favorite way to enjoy gin? I'm officially sold...