Well, crap. I was planning on making the mortgage payment this month but then my 46th fix arrived and well, we know how that goes. Sorry mortgage, there's always next month. This box was like macaroni noodles just dripping in endless cheese. Yes it was that amazing. This fix my fill in stylist [Layla, my typical home girl was out of town], did an outstanding job of looking at my pinterest board and the trends I have been loving recently. I also noted that I did want some good options to take along on my upcoming California trip for the Mom 2.0 conference [dogs count as children, stop making that confused face] and boy did she deliver. From some great basics to cute skirts and dresses, ahhh just so much goodness I can't even. It's been awhile since I have kept all 5 items in my box but the time has come for a complete keeper. I know, you just want to see the fix....
1. You start by filling out your style profile - you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, preferences, colors, etc. You can also write notes about likes/dislikes. Make sure to link your fashion board on Pinterest so your stylist can see what you like!
2. Order your first fix! Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. Because of this I always recommend keeping at least one item or you are essentially giving away $20 for nothing in return. You will receive 5 items [made up of clothing, jewelry, and handbags, whatever you prefer]. I personally only want clothing in my fix so I just always let my stylist know!
3. Decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back [in a postage paid envelope]! You have 3 business days to do so - use this time to try everything on, see what you have in your closet that pairs well with it and don't be afraid to say yes to something that you wouldn't normally. That's what makes Stitch Fix so fun! If you keep all 5 items you will receive 25% off your entire fix, winning!
It should be noted that while I have chosen to receive monthly fixes, this is in no way a subscription service and you are able to decide when you want another fix, whether that be in 6 months or 2 years from your first fix! As always, if you ever have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Here we go! Remember - If you see anything that you like below, feel free to pin away and/or ask your stylist in the notes section of your next fix for something similar! I am the queen of copying other fixes!
1. Adelyn Rae Willena Colorblock Dress - Small - Kept - $88
2. 41Hawthorn Tameron Button Down Blouse - Small - Kept - $58
bracelet // heels
I have been in the market for a basic white button up that I could pair well with pencil skirts and jeans and bam, here she is. I love the gold details along with the overall quality of this shirt. Plus it's loose enough that all of the waffle fries won't be seen in it so definite advantage there.
3. Dear John Marson Wide Leg Jean - 2 - $78 - Kept
shirt // heels
I truly think I may have found my new favorite pair of jeans I have ever owned. Here's the thing - really all I wear is skinny jeans and well, it's time for non-skinny action to come back because oh baby, these are where it's at. So soft, so fitted in all of the right areas and perfect with heels. I am 5'4 in case those of you are wondering about how these fit and I feel they are the perfect length. Totally recommend, especially as this Boho trend gets more and more serious. Get yourselves some, pronto.
4. Market & Spruce Suva Cargo Jacket - Small - $78 - Kept
shirt // heels
Lets talk about this jacket for a minute - I wasn't actually planning on keeping this until I realized it would be cheaper for me to keep all 5 items and get the 25% discount than to send this baby back. As much as I love the color, the overall style I am not totally digging on my frame. I think what makes it most confusing is the drawstring that is on the inside to make it cinched around the waist. I like this coat unbuttoned but snap those babies up and you lose me. Needless to say I can't decide if this will remain in my closet or get sold on the black market [sounds almost as dangerous as drugs]. Regardless, A for effort in the spring coat department.
5. Pixley Stacey Scallop Hem Cut-Out Detail Skirt - Small - $64 - Kept
And now for my unicorn piece. Probably one of my more favorite items I have ever received from Stitch Fix because between the scallop hem, pop of orange at the waist, cut-out details, perfect length, it's almost too good to be true. I can't wait to wear this baby in Cali, back at home, at work, anywhere and everywhere. This is that one thing I never knew I always wanted.
That's a wrap people! Lets hear your thoughts and lets also let one of you win a $50 Stitch Fix gift card because why not? Entries are simple, get to enterin'!