top from TJ Maxx // shoes
Forgive me for being a week later than normal on the good ole Stitch Fix reveal home front. I had every intention of taking photos last Sunday until I stayed up until 4 am the night before and the thought of putting make-up on sounded as appealing as giving a cat a bath. So, no cat baths or make-up for me. Fast forward to this weekend and hooray, I was ready to face the camera. This fix was so/so for me. I had asked for a mix of work appropriate dresses or skirts and some fun tops to go out in. I also requested jewel tone clothing because I'm learning more and more I'm loving all things emerald green, royal blue, purple, etc. My stylist sent exactly what I asked for because she is my hero, however a few of the items I was questionable on. I might as well shut up and let you judge for yourself - because I have gotten in the spirit of giving away a $50 Stitch Fix gift card in the last couple of posts I'm going to keep the trend going. Make sure to make your way alllllllll the way down to the bottom of this post to get in on the action.
1. You start by filling out your style profile - you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, preferences, colors, etc. You can also write notes about likes/dislikes. Make sure to link your fashion board on Pinterest so your stylist can see what you like!
2. Order your first fix! Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. Because of this I always recommend keeping at least one item or you are essentially giving away $20 for nothing in return. You will receive 5 items [made up of clothing, jewelry, and handbags, whatever you prefer]. I personally only want clothing in my fix so I just always let my stylist know!
3. Decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back [in a postage paid envelope]! You have 3 business days to do so - use this time to try everything on, see what you have in your closet that pairs well with it and don't be afraid to say yes to something that you wouldn't normally. That's what makes Stitch Fix so fun! If you keep all 5 items you will receive 25% off your entire fix, winning!
It should be noted that while I have chosen to receive monthly fixes, this is in no way a subscription service and you are able to decide when you want another fix, whether that be in 6 months or 2 years from your first fix! As always, if you ever have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Here we go! Remember - If you see anything that you like below, feel free to pin away and/or ask your stylist in the notes section of your next fix for something similar! I am the queen of copying other fixes!
1. Le Lis Elle Faux Suede Skirt - Small - $64 - Returned
It's a miracle you don't see the bruises on my shins from kicking myself after choosing to return this skirt. When I pulled it out of the box I strongly disliked the print because it seemed a little grandma-like to me. However, it was softer than butter and it was a pencil skirt so I thought, maybe. However, when it came time to checkout I marked return thinking that was the right decision and I've never had returner's remorse more. It's super feminine while maintaining a small bit of sexy with the shape. Regardless I don't own it so I'm going to stop before I start crying. Moving on.
2. Papermoon Violeta Scallop Detail Blouse - Small - $44 - Kept
jeans from previous fix // shoes
The minute I pulled this baby out of the box I knew it was a keeper. Put a scallop on anything and I'm sold. The open back also had my all heart eyes - I wore this pretty little thing in Chicago with black pants and some bright pink pumps and bam, I was ready to roll. I love that this is black making it perfect for a night out but would totally wear it in every single other color possible.
3. Market & Spruce Maeby Dress - Small - $58 - Returned
This was another one that I pulled out of the box and wasn't sure of it because of the print. I think it's just a little much for me. While I love the colors that are mixed in, at the end of the day it kinda just makes me dizzy. I didn't feel like the cut did a lot for more my figure either [perhaps a belt would help] so unfortunately, back it went.
4. Collective Concepts Paddio Lace Inset Blouse - Small - $54 - Kept
jeans from previous fix // shoes
This color makes me all sorts of happy and the flow that it has is perfect for days that I start my period [which may have been the day these photos were taken if you wanted to know]. The little lace detail on the shoulders doesn't hurt either. Into my closet it went.
5. Kut From The Cloth Siena Cropped Pant - 2 - $58 - Returned
A couple of things - I already own a pair of blue ankle pants oddly enough and second, I didn't love how these fit me. I felt they looked a little boxy and hit my ankles at a weird place. Back they go, bye bye blue!
And that completes my 45th fix. Make sure to enter below for the $50 gift card so that you can either give Stitch Fix a try for the first time, or use the gift card to help fund your 80th fix. Did I keep the right stuff? Return the wrong? Drop me a line with your thoughts. Peace out youngins.