If there was one resolution that I didn't plan on making in 2016 or any year ever, it was to quit my love for Stitch Fix. 43 fixes in, I feel pretty confident that this is something I plan on keeping around for a long while. The best part of all? When it's 3 degrees outside I don't have to leave the house to keep my wardrobe up-to-date with the freshest trends which is a giant plus since one of my resolutions is to not get hypothermia. It's like Stitch Fix is whispering in my ear how much it cares about me.
For this fix, I had requested more work appropriate items and some fun things to wear at Alt Summit in Salt Lake City next week [if you are going to be there as well, let me know! I'd love to meet!]. I am learning that the more specific I am in my notes to my stylist on what I need in my closet [okay or maybe want] the better the results. I did throw in the notes that she could surprise me with a great purse as I have been on the hunt recently for a bag that I love and ta-da, she did it. I tell you what, this whole aging thing with Stitch Fix is almost better than wine - produces the same happy buzz over and over and over again. Check out what 5 items I received for January and then make your way to the very bottom for your shot at a $50 Stitch Fix gift card just because I love ya'll.
1. You start by filling out your style profile - you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, preferences, colors, etc. You can also write notes about likes/dislikes. Make sure to link your fashion board on Pinterest so your stylist can see what you like!
2. Order your first fix! Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. Because of this I always recommend keeping at least one item or you are essentially giving away $20 for nothing in return. You will receive 5 items [made up of clothing, jewelry, and handbags, whatever you prefer]. I personally only want clothing in my fix so I just always let my stylist know!
3. Decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back [in a postage paid envelope]! You have 3 business days to do so - use this time to try everything on, see what you have in your closet that pairs well with it and don't be afraid to say yes to something that you wouldn't normally. That's what makes Stitch Fix so fun! It should be noted that if you keep all 5 items you will receive 25% off your entire fix!
It should be noted that while I have chosen to receive monthly fixes, this is in no way a subscription service and you are able to decide when you want another fix, whether that be in 6 months or 2 years from your first fix! As always, if you ever have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Here we go! Remember - If you see anything that you like below, feel free to pin away and/or ask your stylist in the notes section of your next fix for something similar! I am the queen of copying other fixes!
1. Loveappella Jourdan Dress - Small - $64 - Kept
faux leather leggings [use code TWENTY to get them for 20% off - only $14.80 then!]
Dresses that have sleeves, cover more than my lady parts and that look flattering on are dresses that I hoard in my closet because they are hard to come by. I was so excited when I saw this dress in my fix as I knew I could wear it to work. The cutout in the back provides some extra edge and while it is form fitting, it has enough room for me to move around in comfortably. Definitely a keeper.
2. Urban Expressions Elisha Zipper Accent Structured Satchel - $58 - Kept
A real beauty am I right? I was obsessed with this purse the minute I opened my fix and knew I was keeping it. I am a huge fan of this royal/cobalt blue color and the size is absolutely perfect - big enough for my planner but small enough that it doesn't get mistaken for luggage like a few of my other purses. The zipper details and gold accents just speak my love language so yes, kept.
3. Skies are Blue Karla Cutout Neckline Blouse - Small - $48 - Kept
For starters I should begin by saying that I didn't realize you could see right through this baby until after my husband took the photos, but regardless I love this top so much. I only have one other piece of red clothing in my closet so I was so excited to add this top in. The cutouts at the neckline and in the back are fun and with my favorite cami underneath [use code TWENTY for 20% off] it will be perfect for work. Keeper for sure.
4. Liverpool Lively Coated Skinny Pant - 2 - $98 - Kept
black wedges found here - use code 9048 for 15% off
You guys don't even know how glorious these babies are in person. Even Shawn couldn't believe how soft they were when he felt them - so much so that he didn't make one comment after me declaring I was keeping them no matter the cost [which he assumed to be expensive]. That's a miracle and a first people. These coated pants have a slight snake skin look to them but oh my word, on your legs they feel like butter and are the perfect amount of stretchy. No doubt about it, I kept em'.
5. Margaret M Christian Printed Pencil Skirt - Small - $78 - Returned
I asked specifically for a pencil skirt for this fix as they are one of my favorite things to wear to work and while I absolutely love this skirt, I already have a polka dot pencil skirt. The royal blue dots are great and the fit was perfection but back it went in hopes I receive a different pencil skirt in a future fix.
And that concludes my 43rd fix - overall one of my more favorite fixes thus far [I think I say that nearly every month..]
Because I know so many of you already love and use this service or that some of you may want to try it out for the first time, I'm giving away a $50 Stitch Fix gift card so that whichever category you fall into this gift card will help you out! A lot of you may have already done some of the entries so easy peasy - you're in like flynn! Happy hopefully winning [I promise you your odds are better than the powerball].