Before I begin, I need to fully disclose that this post is not sponsored in any way shape or form and I am not being compensated to rave about this service that we use and love. Carry on now.
It has been a few months now since my husband and I have been turning to HelloFresh for all of our dinner needs. It all started when I received an email from one of my friends with a link to sign up for a box and receive $40 off [want the same link - awesome, click here and use the code 6MSFUD]. I thought, well what the heck - of course I'll try it once and see what I really think about this healthy gourmet stuff showing up right to my doorstep. I've had major success with my other favorite door service, Stitch Fix, so I thought it was worth a shot. And so I signed up - and we loved it - and we haven't stopped ordering it since.
For those of you who don't know what this service it is - allow me to explain. HelloFresh is a weekly meal delivery service that arrives at your doorstep. It contains 3 meals for the week [which you choose] containing the freshest of ingredients in the right portion amount ready for you to cook up and eat.
Here's what I love about HelloFresh:
1. You get to choose which 3 meals out of their listed 5 that you want every time you order. Both my mom and sister tried this service and they didn't realize you could select which meals you wanted. Keep in mind that they offer a veggie box or a classic box [which is the one we receive] and every week those two boxes offer 5 different meals. You get to go in the week ahead and select which 3 you would like. For instance, I am not a seafood eater so I can always choose to leave the fish out of our box.
2. You have complete control over your account, meaning you can skip any week that you want to skip. Even though we have been receiving HelloFresh for months, we haven't received a box every single week. If we are going to be out of town, I don't care for the week's selection of meals, or whatever it may be - I simply click skip and move on!
3. The meals are absolutely delicious [seriously, fine dining quality] and offer plenty of food. We receive the box for 2 people [they do offer boxes for 4] but I would say we could usually feed at least 3, sometimes 4 people with our meals meaning leftovers!
4. It has me cooking fresh, healthy, delicious meals that I would have never made otherwise. Some of our favorite dinners have come from HelloFresh. I feel so creative in the kitchen all of a sudden.
5. You still have to cut all of the veggies, cook the meat, etc. I love this because that time in the kitchen is so therapeutic to me. While sometimes yes, it would be nice to throw in the already cut-up onions if I was in hurry, but more times than not cutting up those onions relaxes me [minus the whole tears running down my face thing].
6. All meals can typically be made in 30 minutes or less!
7. They are sure to impress on Instagram - I mean, do you think I would know how to make food look this pretty on my own? Think again.
From prosciutto wrapped chicken, steak with mango slaw, smoky adobo chicken tacos, stuffed peppers with quinoa, etc - it's all been fabulous.
If you would like to try HelloFresh for yourself - save yourself $40 off your first box by using the code 6MSFUD. The regular price for the box of 2 is $69 [meaning you'll get it for $29 when you try it] for the week which is a little pricey, but I figure it saves money and time going to the grocery store and buying a weeks worth of meals [which we haven't done in months, crazy].
HelloFresh, we love you. Thank you for making me look like a genius in the kitchen. Without you, I would be knee deep in macaroni and cheese every night of the week.
Oh wait, maybe I don't love this service...