It's that time again - another Stitch Fix reveal post. I was just having a conversation the other day with a friend about how it feels like it's every other week a new box is arriving. I promise I have it set to monthly [that's directed at you husband currently reading] but dang, time flies as you get older. Fortunately for once it's to my clothes loving benefit.
So for this month's fix it was a race against time to get photos taken before having to make my decision on what to keep and what to send back. Like an idiot I remembered at 8:45 last night that I needed these done so please enjoy the natural progression of normal daylight to pitch black highlighted by the nice shed lights. I would re-shoot these but that would require more painful rounds of having my husband cringing while taking my photo and I feel like in efforts to save our marriage I'm just going to stick with these. I promise better quality next month!
When I opened this months box I instantly thought "Well frick balls. Another box that I want to keep all 5 items." This is only bad because all items cost money unfortunately (WHEN WILL LIFE START BEING FREE FOR GOODNESS SAKE?! AMEN OR AMEN?!) However, after I tried them all on I wasn't 100% sold on each piece so hooooraaaaaaay - we can eat dinner this week! Here's a look at what I kept and what I didn't keep!
Before we begin, here's a quick little note on how it all works!
1. Start by filling out your style profile - you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, preferences, colors, etc. You can also write notes about likes/dislikes. Make sure to link your fashion board on Pinterest so your stylist can see what you like!
2. Order your first fix! Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. Because of this I always recommend keeping at least one item or you are essentially giving away $20 for nothing in return. You will receive 5 items [made up of clothing, jewelry, and handbags]. I personally only want clothing in my fix so I just always let my stylist know!
3. Decide what you want and what you want to send back [in a postage paid envelope]! You have 3 business days to do so - use this time to try everything on, see what you have in your closet that pairs well with it and don't be afraid to yes to something that you wouldn't normally. That's what makes Stitch Fix so fun!
It should be noted that while I have chosen to receive monthly fixes, this is in no way a subscription service and you are able to decide when you want another fix, whether that be in 6 months or 2 years from your first fix! As always, if you ever have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below. I know some are curious on the pricing, All of the items you see below were less than $90 with several in the $40 range.
Here we go! Remember - If you see anything that you like below, feel free to pin away and/or ask your stylist in the notes section of your next fix for something similar!
1. Everly Fran Scallop Edge Dress - Small - Kept
2. Kensie Rebekah Contrast Detail Blazer - Small - Kept
I am a blazer junkie - dressed up or dressed down - or dressed with an entirely way too wrinkly shirt that you have to use the PicMonkey wrinkle remover editing feature on that is WAY obvious (oops). This blazer fits like a gem and the polka dot inside makes it an obvious yes. I will wear this too often.
3. 41Hawthorn Annora Dress - Small - Returned
Well, I thought I loved this...and then I tried it on. The color is spot on however the rest of it just isn't working for me. At all. It's not the dress, it's my breasts. I really wanted to rhyme but it is partially true. It's also too short for work so I didn't really feel like I would get much use out of it. Bye bye bluebird!
4. Just Black Tatyana Distressed Short - 2 - Kept
I needed white shorts and these babies were just the ticket. I love how comfortable they are and that they have a distressed look to them. Count me in.
5. Papermoon Mansi Crochet Pocket Knit Tank - Small - Returned
This tank, while very cute - just wasn't much of a need in my life at the moment. I love the lace pocket, the coral stripes, and the flow to it but again - my closet is all "NO MORE ROOM FOR YOU!" So back it went. Totally recommend this tank though if you are looking for something for Summer!
And that concludes fix numero 38. Do you think I made the right decisions? Do share...
ps. I promise one of these days I'll stop grabbing my hair. And by that I mean I never will. My bad.
Want give Stitch Fix a try for yourself! If you do, let me know how it goes! I always love hearing from readers who give it a go!