I swear it seems like just about two short paychecks ago that I was writing one of these Stitch Fix posts. Speaking of paychecks - I have now been putting a portion of them (during the past 74 pay periods) to this monthly service with zero regret or guilt. I know it's no secret by now that I adore Stitch Fix and the items I receive in my box every month. My favorite part is knowing that what I am wearing is not something that somebody else in my circle of influence will be wearing. As much as I love Target I hate matching every other person I pass on the street. Not to mention the quality. I have this weird thing where I actually like wearing things for more than a year or two [sorry fashion gurus], I still wear items I received in my very first fix. Because these posts are no stranger to this blog, I'm going to get right into it [but first - my regular filling in on what this service is...]
Also, if you are not familiar with Stitch Fix and how it works, let me break it down for you in 3 quick points:
1. Start by filling out your style profile - you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, preferences, colors, etc. You can also write notes about likes/dislikes. Make sure to link your fashion board on Pinterest so your stylist can see what you like!
2. Order your first fix! Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. Because of this I always recommend keeping at least one item or you are essentially giving away $20 for nothing in return. You will receive 5 items [made up of clothing, jewelry, and handbags]. I personally only want clothing in my fix so I just always let my stylist know!
3. Decide what you want and what you want to send back [in a postage paid envelope]! You have 3 business days to do so - use this time to try everything on, see what you have in your closet that pairs well with it and don't be afraid to yes to something that you wouldn't normally. That's what makes Stitch Fix so fun!
It should be noted that while I have chosen to receive monthly fixes, this is in no way a subscription service and you are able to decide when you want another fix, whether that be in 6 months or 2 years from your first fix! As always, if you ever have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below. I know some are curious on the pricing, All of the items you see below were less than $90 with several in the $40 range.
Here we go! Remember - If you see anything that you like below, feel free to pin away and/or ask your stylist in the notes section of your next fix for something similar!
1. Papermoon - Kualo Bow Back Knit Top - Small - Kept
It's striped - it's navy - and it has a fun back. What is there not to love about this top? Perfect with jeans or work pants. It was a keeper for sure!
2. THML - Abriana Geo Detail Shift Dress - Small - Kept
This dress reminds me so much of one that I kept here [and am totally obsessed with]. I knew I was keeping this one before even trying it on, but then after trying it on I knew I was keeping it even more [if that's a thing]. I love that it isn't too short and could be work appropriate if your work is into crazy things like no sleeves and such.
3. Sweet Rain - Toledo V Neck Blouse - Small - Kept
4. Gilli - Mitchel Maxi Dress - Small - Kept
Well, it had the word "maxi" in the name so naturally I had to keep it. Aside it from being the most soft dress in the world, it also fits the body in all the right spots. Throw in the criss cross in the back and cha-ching, winner.
5. Liverpool - Kolten White Denim Jacket - Small - Kept
Last but not least, this jacket. I wear my denim jacket all of the time so I was so excited to receive this white one to pair with items for the Summer. The quality on this is superb. I had to keep it.
Well, as you can see I ended up keeping all 5 because I apparently can't say no. Sorry husband.
Which do you like the best?
Want give Stitch Fix a try for yourself! If you do, let me know how it goes! I always love hearing from readers who give it a go!