Ahhhh storage - the one thing that I seem to never have enough of. Well,that and girl scout cookies. After we moved into our beloved 1960's home - we realized that they made closets slightly smaller than what they do in the 2000's. Apparently they hadn't yet got the memo that more really is more. While my husband can deal okay with not a ton of space for clothing, shoes, and all of the pretty little accessories that need a place to call home, I cannot.
As Spring is rolling around (come Spring come! you can do it!) I've been transitioning my mind and closet to think less bulky and more airy. However, the problem with this has been - where in the world do I put all of this bulky stuff? My drawers are already packed [dresser drawers, thank you], the shelving at the top of my closet looks like a hurricane came and went, and there is only so much space under my bed left. As much as I love warm sweaters, I love bikinis and shorts more.
[yikes, I know]
Thankfully I just found the SOFI products on Amazon. Some of my favorites include the SOFI Zipper Tote, Small (easy to access your items), SOFI Brix Box, Small (open lids and handles to grab), and SOFI Hex Box (perfect for small spaces like night stands or on top of dressers for jewelry organization). They are the right amount of fashionable + sturdy + perfectly sized and shaped to fit all of my closet needs. Not to mention they are made out of stain-guard fabric, 65% recycled material, AND they have gold accents and zippers which makes me all sorts of heart eyes over here.
Monica Friel from Chaos to Order has some helpful tips for you when it comes to organizing your closet (seriously loved some of these)!
- Reimagine your closet as your personal chic boutique: Before you begin to organize, make sure you have cleverly-designed products to make your closet inspiring, vibrant and fun! The new line of SOFI™ home organizational products can help you makeover your closet. SOFI products feature stylistic touches like gold fasteners and zipper accents, geometric print interiors, in a sophisticated color palette to bring you inspiration every time you open your closet door.
- Now, Be a Style Editor: Go through your closet item by item. Eliminate what feels drab while gathering ideas for pieces you can add to update your existing clothing collection.
- Group Similar Items Together: The best way to know exactly what you have is to put like-items together. Use your style editor-eye to organize by type of clothing or style and then by color.
- Celebrate the Season: Keep the clothes you’re currently wearing accessible so that you don’t have to waste time searching for the things you need. For quick access to clothes and accessories, use a SOFI™ Brix Box™ with pull-out handles and open tops or a SOFI™ Zipper Tote™ for quick, front-panel access to clothes and accessories. And, take advantage of floor and shelf space in your closet with a SOFI™ Stax Shelf™that makes the most of existing vertical and horizontal space.
- Forget Last Season: Take time to get out-of-season clothes stored away. This will make your closet feel less cramped so you can easily see what you own before hitting the stores.
- Organization is not a Destination: Organization is an ongoing process that requires efficient systems, maintenance and the good old-fashioned discipline of putting things back in place. With Monica Friel’s tips, you’ll be on your way to having your own couture closet space!
Stay tuned next week to see the before and after pictures of how I decided to organize my closet and how the SOFI products helped me to do just that. Wish me luck....