I'm not a huge sweets person. I'd much rather take salty any day, but every once in awhile I will have a desire for something with a little more "mmmmmmm..." than "ooooh". Because yes, I "oooh" and "ahhh" over jalapeno chips and the like. I made both these peanut butter chocolate pretzel bites and oreo cheesecake pretzel bites the other day and while they satisfy both my sweet and salty needs, they also satisfy my "that was easy" needs. Difficult things and I don't get along very well. These my friends are anything but. Let's get started.
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
60 mini pretzels
8 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
2. Mix together the peanut butter and butter. Stir in both of the sugars until it is well mixed together. A thick dough will form. Roll the dough into small balls (should create around 25-30).
3. Press one pretzel on each side of the ball. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes allowing everything to set.
4. After removing from freezer, microwave the chocolate bar according to package instructions (I did 1-2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds until completely melted). Dip each pretzel bite into the chocolate. Refrigerate for 10 minutes and then enjoy! Refrigerate any uneaten bites.
4 oz white chocolate baking bar
18 Oreo cookies
4 oz cream cheese, softened
48 mini pretzels
1. Smash up the oreos into fine crumbs. You may use either a food processor, blender, or if you are like me use your Pampered Chef Mix 'N Chop to crumble those suckers.
2. Mix the cream cheese with the Oreo crumbs. This will be quite sticky so remember to remove your rings. Once mixed, chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. After chilled, roll the Oreo mixture into 24 small balls. Press one pretzel on each side of the ball. Refrigerate for an hour to allow everything to set.
4. After removing from refrigerator, microwave the chocolate bar according to package instructions (I did one to two minutes, stirring every 20 seconds until completely melted). Dip each pretzel bite into the chocolate and immediately top with sprinkles. Let set for 10 minutes and then enjoy!
Refrigerate any uneaten bites.