It's another edition of "weekend lessons learned". Let's get this party started. On second thought, let's not start another party but rather just read below. Continue on.
1. Those Straw-Ber-Rita's that you spoke so highly about before...they will end up haunting you come Sunday evening of a holiday weekend. Stick with water. Forever.
2. Farms really are beautiful. Take that St. Thomas and all you other pieces of paradise that try to lure me in with all of your glamorous scenery on a daily basis. Suckers.
3. Ramona and Beezus really is the shiz niz no matter what age you are. If I am to ever have children I would like a 50/50 mix of Ramona and Junie B Jones, thank you very much. Are you reading this lady who is going to bear my children for me? Just a nice mix of those two. That's all I ask.
4. Waffles are even shizzier than Ramona and Beezus.
5. Asparagus is not to be grilled in this direction. Whatever you learn from reading my blog, learn this. 80% of those spears will end up falling in between those little rails and your dad will get all huffy puffy on you and question your mental state of mind.
7. My nieces are cuter than yours.
8. If a girl wants to drop it like it's hot, let her. No matter if dancing with poles is appropriate at her age or not. Entrepreneur. I like it.
9. Women have the duck face pose to rely on when getting a candid picture taken, men have this. I think it's called the "if you take another picture of me, I will knock your beeping lights out" face. Charming really.
10. Speaking of men, they have it so much easier than us ladies. Just confess it and move on already.
11. However, us ladies have much more fun. Embrace it and live up to our "we are way more fun than you" standards.
12. Because we have much more fun, we will be forced to eat the greasiest food we can find come the morning after we proved how much more fun we are. I promise I will stop saying the word fun now.
You have one food that you could eat the rest of your life--what would it be?
McDonald's french fries. I know I can't sound any more like a fat kid right now, but any one who tries to deny that these fries are anything less than magical is kidding themselves.
When did you start blogging and why?
My job is the opposite of creative. And while you probably won't catch me at Michael's trying to recreate some Pinterest craft, I do enjoy the chance to work on my writing skills and channel my energy into something that speaks to my personality and style.
What does your ideal outfit consist of?
I suppose that depends on where I'm wearing it, because ideal to me at night, when I get home from work, is anything that doesn't require a bra and is likely a couple sizes too big. But if I have to go out in public, I always feel a little bit better if I have some heels on. I'm already tall (5'7) but I can't deny the fact that walking around in some really great shoes does wonders for my state of mind.
And last but not least, I have to know--what are your honest thoughts on macaroni and cheese?
Dude. I would eat it every day, but I really have this thing about liking pants that button rather than having to make the switch to 100% elastic-waisted pants.
And on that note, I love her. Be sure to go say hello and get in on this good stuff.